Thursday, August 22, 2013

accepting the imponderables

my life is a mystery beyond any capability of reckoning my mind posseses
maybe there are things that cannot be known
the imponderables
and maybe there's no reason to try
but instead just accept and be grateful for what is
and i am grateful
grateful not just for all the joy and the beauty
but for the suffering and the terrible as well
it's all one
every success and every difficulty
has made me what i am
and urges me to cultivate my strengths and to grow from my failings
just as he does
that marvelous man with shining blues eyes who came one day to find me
and love me
despite my failings
who inspires me daily to be more than i thought i could
to love bigger than i've ever known
a love that breaks the heart open
and finds it's way into all that i do and all that i am
so that even the pain of life cannot be seen but in the shadows of this love
i don't understand it
don't understand how i came to be so blessed
and maybe i shouldn't question it
just live in it
and be grateful

No comments:

Post a Comment